The largest solar farm project in South East Asia. Like most other energy plants, the project takes up a large open space, and require very little effort to keep the plant running. Our idea is to integrate other functions to keep the area alive and take the opportunity to give something back (aside from clean energy) to the community.
After a research info possibilities for integrated functions, we found that the project could be use as an attraction to receive guests for international events. Later it could be a knowledge ground for students’ field trips. Finally, we proposed to integrate an attraction park functions into the project by the followings:
– Creating a stylish and colourful gate and entrance experience,
– Turning a technical maintenance office into a receiving hall, completed with a gallery hall to tell the story of how this project came about, and other technical information,
– Creating a touring route into the field of solar panels, which we found to be quite a unique and photogenic experiences,
– With a natural hill at the canter of the solar field, we integrated a viewing deck on the top as a finale scene for the tour.
In simple words, we have seamlessly integrated functions of a learning center into all areas of the power plant.
Phuyen Solar Power Plant won an award in the year 2019, making another success of OPENBOX’s Integrated Exploration into the world of sustainable energy.
- Gross Area 3,000 m²
- Status On going
- Address Phú Yên Province, Vietnam